1) When I am carrying something and someone asks, "Do you need a hand?" I respond, "No I need a leg!" (Caution this one never gets old for me!)
2) When walking into a restaurant in Disney World the hostess asked me, "Oh my what happened to you?" I respond with a straight face, "when they tell you to keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times, they mean it."
3) Checking out at Walgreens, the clerk says to me, "oh wow you're broken." (In her defense she can only see my crutches.) I respond by picking up my pant leg, waving it, and saying, "I'm really broken."
4) Watching the girls at my daughter's dance studio stretch out. They were grabbing their foot and stretching their leg above their heads. I say, very serious of course, "be careful ladies, I did that once and tore my leg right off."
5) Then there are the many one line answers to the question how did I lose my leg: a skydiving accident, wrestling an alligator, sharks, I didn't eat my vegetables when I was little, and one of my favorites, whoa I don't know, can you help me find it?
Usually I answer the questions honestly, because I feel a certain responsibility to let the world know how great God is and to tell my story but, sometimes I just need a little comedic relief!