Sometimes Life is Funny
As I go through life funny things happen. People often tell me that I should share them. So the following is a list of things that have happened or that people have said to me. I will add new ones periodically as I remember them or as they occur. I hope you get a chuckle out of them.
Here we go...
- I see you're on crutches. Yes, I have one leg. Well, I hope you feel better soon.
- I know exactly how you feel, I just got off crutches.
- Do you need a hand? No, I need a leg! (My favorite response!)
- Oh my gosh, what happened to you? Oh, I had cancer. I only have one leg. Oh, I sprained my ankle once.
- Oh my gosh, what happened to you? Oh, I had cancer. I only have one leg. I have diabetes, I need to be careful too.
- Oh my gosh, what happened to you? Oh, I had cancer. I only have one leg. Will you ever get a leg again? (Now, I know they meant a "fake" leg but that is not what they said. I had a good internal chuckle at that.)
- **Read this in a yelling voice: She only has one leg. Why do you only have one leg? Where is your leg?
- Woman behind the counter at Walgreens: Oh you're broken! Me: (lifting up my pant leg) Yes, I am really broken.
- TSA Agent: Can you walk through (the metal detector) without your crutches? Me: No (pointing to the empty spot where my leg should be...I was wearing shorts).